If you live on the Gold Coast then you will understand what we are talking about when we mention shade sails and why it is important to consider a number of factors when making a choice for a Gold Coast shade sail. A shade sail, otherwise known as a sun shade or a sun sail is a fabric which is suspended in between two fixed points for the purpose of providing shelter from the sun. At the Gold Coast, shade sails can be used for a number of purposes including:
- To cover your deck, patio or outdoor entertainment area.
- Provide shade cover in areas such as school lunch areas or playgrounds.
- To protect your loved ones from harsh UV rays.
- Keep your cars cool at home or at a shopping centre.
- To provide your business, hotel or restaurant with a grand entrance while doubling as a dining area.
Face Value Considerations
If you are looking for the best shade sails on the Gold Coast, the first three things you might want to consider are:
The Flexibility – Can the shade sails be installed in almost any area you might consider now or in the future?
The Aesthetic Value – Depending on the use of the shade sail, you should consider the different colours and shapes available and how well they will match your home or business.
Value for Money: The shade sail should be less than or approximately half the price of a fixed structure. Otherwise it does not add value.
At this point, looking for the best shade sails for Gold Coast conditions seems like a walk in the park, but there’s more than meets the eye in regards to shade sails at the Gold Coast.
Shade Sails for Gold Coast Conditions
There are more considerations you may want to look into when selecting the best shade sails for the Gold Coast and these
- Fixing points – Shades sails are modelled after the concept of the sails for ships meaning that you have to give a lot of consideration to the wind forces that will be exerted on your shade sail. For the Gold Coast, the best shade sail is one whose fabric remains strong during high winds and has properly installed fixing points.
- Depending on where you intend to locate the shade sail, you need to consider whether you want one that is waterproof or one that is shade only.
- Fabric Quality – You do not want to rely on reliability and low cost when choosing the fabric quality for a Gold Coast shade sail.
- Fabric colours – When it comes to choosing colours, you need to consider the UV protection you will need at the Gold Coast. In this case a darker coloured pool shade sail is preferable because it lets in less light and heat and provides more UV protection than a lighter coloured shade sail.